Thursday, August 20, 2009

Mommie Dearest

School has started and Mommie Dearest has made her first of many appearances (I'm sure) at my house last night. First things first so did not get to take Bly to school on his first morning of Kindergarten that's a really good family post for another time. Schools here started on a Friday which in my meager little opinion is ridiculous why a Friday and why not just start on Monday and go a full week? Anybody else feel this way? I digress back to Bly's homework the first night we had homework Jeremy and I being the "great" parents we are took Bly's word that "Nope I don't have anything in my backpack" was the truth. Guess what there was a couple of papers that needed to be reviewed with Bly. I ranted and raved a little (coming from a mom that had the knack for making me a squalling nervous wreck before school) I was really careful to not screech at the full voice decibel I tend to use, instead used about a quarter of it. He's excuse was typical, and probably the truth he just forget those papers were in there. We worked on that set of papers on the 2 minute drive to the elementary school. He was happy. I was happy. Everybody was happy. Bly gets out at the drop off spot shuts the door, and makes it to the front tire before turning around swinging from the mirror to the running board with his face pressed against the window hollering I love you momma, and thank you for helping me with my homework this morning! ( Note to self: I'm so gonna have to have a talk with him about what is appropriate to say at drop off. Us just finishing his homework as we approach the drop off spot where the teachers are standing is gonna be the first thing we discuss).
Then Wednesday started the same way. Then "Mommie Dearest" hit the door about 4:30. Bly had his papers out of his backpack ready to go. Oh yes this is gonna be easy. One sheet writing the letter Mm. A snap I thought to myself. We will be finished eating supper, playing, watching tv, off to bed on time woohoo! The homework Gods were smiling or at least I thought they were smiling. They were smiling all right I just wasn't getting the joke. We started at 5:00 and Mommie Dearest emerged about 5:20. Who would have ever thought writing one letter would involve a wooden spoon, screaming tantrums pitched by me, one eraser completely gone from the end of the pencil, and several just I'm completely done hand throw ups. I never saw it coming. The homework Gods I'm sure were laughing their asses off at me, because it was quite a show that finally ended at 10:00. Now I realize the joke was on me damn those homework gods to hell. I did however sing praises from the roof when he finally got it correct at 9:30. Then doing what every good mom does I made him practice for another 30 mins, while I searched the cabinets for the hard stuff. I actually didn't although I really wanted to whip out that blender and rita mix put it in a sippy cup and head to the nearest pillow. After all that excitement I sat down in the recliner and had the biggest brain fart of them all: I only had 25 more letters in the alphabet to go. Oh Lawd please help the Mommie Dearest trapped in no patience hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment