Sunday, April 12, 2009

Your paybacks


How many people out there have been told at some point in time that "One day I hope you have a kid/kids that act just the way you do"? I was told that SEVERAL times and dang if my mother didn't get her wish. I wonder if Mamaw ever told her that and if so did I do her justice?
I have come to dread that when Jeremy is gone I have to contend with 2 kids that they are for the most part on opposite ends of the personality spectrum. Bly is 5 and super sensitive, very laid back, and wouldn't or will not take up for himself at all. Addison on the other hand is very outspoken, not sensitive about anything, and would just rather make you squirm when she opens her mouth because either A. she's screaming at someone or B. she's pitching the fit to end all fits. I know about these fits because unfortunately I have thrown and been on the receiving end of hers several times. She physically wares me out. Take today for instance it being Easter you get up, everybody puts their new church clothes on and off to church you go all is going good except for the usual mishaps can't find Bly's belt and Addie doesn't like to be still so its a war of be stills and look right here to get her hair fixed (thank God I had the common sense to finally cut it short). After church is when the chaos begins. We go to my moms who is notorious for being the best or worst Nanna on record. We eat lunch, my niece Celina hides some eggs for the kids too find, and then all HELL breaks loose. Addie starts with my baskets not full, I didn't find as many eggs as Bly, and the list goes on and on and on. Me being the responsible parent I believe I am says that's it its nap time. Ding Ding Round 2 has begun: Addie starts with the sniffles and quavering of the chin "but I don't wanna take a nap" she says. I pick her up sit down in the recline with her and then she really gets cranked up. After about a minute of the bellowing sounding like a cow in search of her lost calf I swat her behind and the the noise just gets louder so I spank her 3 times with my hand on her bottom. In walks Nanna "oh I'll take her just give her here". Well I don't know how many of y'all out there love for a little grandparent interference but today since Addie has become an excellent fit thrower I swear she'd get a gold medal for it I put my foot down and said NOPE we are going home. Ding Ding Round 3 begins immediately where round 2 ends this time I've got her loaded in the "burb" steadily screaming " I WANT MY NANNA" I WANT MY NANNA" then the snot starts pouring and the whole I'm gonna cry till I vomit begins with me proudly shutting that down by saying "If you throw up I swear I will not clean you up". So I slam the door walk inside the house all the while you can hear plan as day as if she's just outside the back door screaming. I calmly put my shoes on tell mom I'll be back for Bly sometime this afternoon and mom has got her glaring glasses on trying to kill me with those you should be ashamed for making that baby cry looks she has become a pro at shooting me. I get in the burb and by this time she is completely sideways buckled in her car seat steadily screaming "I WANT MY NANNA" I back out of the drive way and make it all the way to the end of mom and dads road before I snap........ I pulled over got her out of the car sit her on the side of the road and yes she's still screaming "I WANT MY NANNA" and I got back in the burb and drove off. Now before y'all start trying to find the number to CPS my parents live in country with a population of about 20 people and 100 stray dogs and cats. I drove about 1000 ft down the road before I stop I open the door get out and ask "Addison are you finished?" She between sobs which are now at a normal range says yes mam. I load her back in the burb and away we go. We didn't get very far before she says "how much longer till we get back to Nanna's?" I informed her that we weren't going back till later tonight to pick up Bly that we were headed to our house and she could take a nap there. She was asleep before we got to the end of the road and I woke her up and said NO MAM you can take a nap when we get home. Ding Ding the match is up. We are still waiting on official judgement as to who won! I know that if you don't know me I probably do sound like a very harsh mother but in this day and time it's about time someone did, but that's a blog for a different day.

No comments:

Post a Comment